8048Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Fluting on edges of Do

  • kujika@aol.com
    Jul 11, 2002
      I have just finished cutting out the pieces for the front of my
      > Do.Since it is my first attempt when I do the fluting around the
      > edges of the top pieces should I heat the metal before I attempt this
      > or should I do this cold.
      > I am going to use a chisel that i have
      > rounded off on a grinder and a tree stump as my base .The metal is 14
      you can do it cold but you realy do not hurt your self to anneal it (heat it up and let it cool slowly) . when you roll the edge you will be makeing the metal hard again.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic