8045Fluting on edges of Do

  • Irish_65
    Jul 10, 2002
      I have just finished cutting out the pieces for the front of my
      Do.Since it is my first attempt when I do the fluting around the
      edges of the top pieces should I heat the metal before I attempt this
      or should I do this cold.I am going to use a chisel that i have
      rounded off on a grinder and a tree stump as my base .The metal is 14
      gauge weld steel not galvinized or any thing like that since i was
      told never use any thing galvinezed if you are going to heat it
      because it releases poisonous fumes.Any tips would be greatly
      appreciated.
      Domo
      Thanks
      Dave-san