8010Re: [SCA-JML] Re: help a newbee?

  • Don Luby
    Jul 5, 2002
      On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, vodican wrote:

      > I am looking for sca combat archery grade, i want to be as authentic
      > as posibble.

      For SCA-legal combat archery, the best you're going to do is one of
      Yumi's combat yumi - 30# pull, 28" draw, laminated bamboo and
      hardwood. Both the bow and the relevant arrows are about afoot
      shorter than 'real' kyudo equipment, but are the maximum allowed by
      combat archery regulations. That's what all of our clan uses, and
      we're *very* happy with his work, both aesthetically and functionally.

      Unfortuneately, I don't have contact info for him, but he merchants
      at Pennsic, and should have some of these bows in stock.

      > domo
      > yoshi

      Don Luby Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono
      djl@... Yama-kaminari-ryu