7975Re: [SCA-JML] Sushi

  • Ii Saburou
    Jun 19, 2002
      I have not seen sushi documented to period. I have seen the use of
      vinegar to preserve the sushi documented to around the beginning of the
      Edo period, which is just outside of period. "Ryori Monogatari" is
      outside of period, but does include sushi as a method of eating certain
      types of fish.

      If they did have it, my guess is that you had to be pretty close to the
      source in order to keep it fresh enough, but I am not sure.