  • michael A
    May 7, 2002
      while jingasa are not exactly a difficult or hard
      design :)
      i might have a source that can make me a limited
      number for free, and since the price is right.:)

      what im wondering if people can help me with is...
      1. for the normal wear ones... does anyone know what
      thickness the metal should be in order to be
      historically accurate.im sure this isnt an exact
      standard but a rough idea would help. also it seems
      the angle of the cone varies to a degree but does any
      one have a rough idea of the degrees of pie shape
      removed from the circle, or the approximate pitch of
      the finished cone. my best guess is between
      45degrees and67.5 degrees of the circle removed and im
      leaning toward the latter figure. any suggestions??

      2. for combat.... has anyone fought heavy with one?
      and if so what guage steel did you use? i know its a
      little strange but it will complement the tatami do im
      working on well. i think i can disgusie the back of
      the helm made to sca standards fairly well with
      something to simulate any number of things dangled of
      the back,(tatami do style plates , or cloth,etc) but
      im curious how the edges of the main cone will take
      the abuse. i was thinking that if necessary i could
      roll the edge. any one have input/ suggestions/
      experiences/ recomended thicknesses with and without
      rolling. im figuring 16 will definately need a roll
      while 14 might take the abuse.

      Do You Yahoo!?