7426Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Event in Atlantia

  • rujoking99@mac.com
    Mar 8, 2002
      Let's say the event is taking place in Nagasaki near the 1600 mark.
      That would allow the Portuguese and Dutch in, and the Nihonjin would be
      fascinated by the Namban show of fighting. Heavy vs. Light wouldn't
      work too well. But you could have archery as well as rapier and heavy.
      And ask around about use of Shinai (if you find anything useful out,
      tell the rest of us; I would love to fight with a shinai against some
      epee folks to demonstrate the clear superiority of Kenjutsu against
      rapier techniques. Heh...)

      But that's just me, don't take my word for it. (My universal
      disclaimer.)
      Kinoshita Yoshimori
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic