7392Re: [SCA-JML] Re: hitatare patern question

  • Ii Saburou
    Mar 2 5:40 AM
      On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, urufu_tenzo wrote:

      > The pattern reads as follows " Left body (20x38) (32+36)"
      >
      > Is the front really 20" wide by 38" long and the back 32" wide by 36"
      > long? And same thing for the right side? If thats correct then I'm
      > just having difficulty translating numbers to shapes (it seems too
      > large and not in proportion to the picture). If I'm reading it wrong
      > help me understand the differnce between the front and back of each
      > side. Sorry for bothering you about what should be a simple
      > subject :).

      Ahh, yes. I remember having issues with this. I don't know what
      Effingham's intention was, but I took it to mean:

      Front: 13 x 32 (You need to have the section for the collar cut
      out--about 5" is what I did)
      Back: 18 x 36
      Entire piece: (20* x 70)

      *This is the edge of the rectangle. Since it has the one area cut out the
      dimensions would probably be more like: 14, 33, 6, 37, 20, 70 (start at
      the bottom front on the left body and work your way around
      counter-clockwise).

      20
      --------
      | |