7375Re: Women's Clothing patterns

  • bewilderedart
    Feb 28, 2002
      --- In sca-jml@y..., "taoofkim" <TaoofKim@a...> wrote:
      > I'm sure this has been brought up before, and I apologize for
      > bringing it up again, but I am looking for women's clothing patterns
      > on the web. I was waiting for Baron Effingham (Congratulations to
      > you!) to post his research on his wonderful site, but alas, that is
      > still forthcoming. So, any suggestions for websites with women's
      > Japanese clothing patterns would be much appreciated. Thanks in
      > advance!

      I just taught a survey of Japanese women's garb at Estrella, and have
      several packets left over, so if you'd like me to I could send you
      one. It has patterns for the major components of women's garb, and
      suggestions for combinations for the various periods. I've had good
      luck with the patterns so far, though they could probably use some
      tweaking; I'm not quite the expert that Fujiwara-dono is, and since
      this is the first time I've taught the class, I haven't gotten any
      feedback yet on how useful the patterns have been.

      I may get it up on the web sometime, but the patterns are thus far
      handdrawn on graph paper, and not in anything approaching web-ready
      form, and my planned SCA-arts website is even further from readiness.

      Anyhow, if you email me your mailing address (or, if you're
      uncomfortable with that, the mailing address of your local SCA group)
      I'd be happy to mail it out. ;)

      Isabella Dati/Kobayashi Oharu
      (no, I don't post much :))
      <wildeman@...>