7169Re: [SCA-JML] Warrior question...

  • Ii Saburou
    Feb 3, 2002
      On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

      > Fraid so. Of course, you only need a tachi obi if you're wearing a tachi. The
      > tachi comes with one, so it's all part of one thing. You only have a koshikawa
      > when you're wearing a quiver, obviously. The one you *do* need is the uwa obi,
      > which can be a squire's belt or just a big muckin' sash.

      Okay, so I just need the uwa obi for the most part when fighting as I
      don't fight with a scabbard and quiver (although, if I could figure out
      how to do it it might be spiff. Was the katana just stuffed into the uwa
      obi, then, or did it also have a tachi obi?

      Also, was this obi anything more than a stiff version of the himo on
      hakama? Something like an iai obi?