7038Re: I think I'm ready...

  • andreahg2000
    Jan 16, 2002
      > Actually, yes, we do. This is a very high-intensity graphic page, so
      it
      > takes a while to load, but:
      >
      > http://sengokudaimyo.com/garb/garbphotos/dressing12.html
      >
      > This is a page I put together to show the layers in dressing in a
      > karaginu-mo, and there are several photos and sketches showing how
      the
      > nagabakama is worn.
      >

      > Effingham

      But these are modern pictures, not primary sources. I have yet to see
      contemporary artwork depicting the waistband of nagabakama. When
      discussing this topic with Fujiwara-hime, we both decided that there
      was not enough primary info to place the waistband at either the
      natural or the highwaist and that either could be worn.

      Nadeshiko
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic