      From: Anthony J. Bryant [mailto:ajbryant@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 6:13 PM
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] Nakanunara

      mokurai wrote:

      > Ok, but what is the history of this? I was only aware that it was a folk
      > synopsis of their differing styles as tacticians/leaders - with Tokugawa
      > being the final exemplar since he was the patient one who won out in the
      > end. Any more background?

      Not really. It's probably about as historical as Abe Lincoln's writing his
      lessons in chalk on a coal shovel, Washington chopping the cherry tree down,
      or Robert the Bruce being inspired by a *spider*. A good story, tells us a
      bit about the character of the person it's told about, *could* have
      happened... but 99.9% likely that it didn't. <G>