6269Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Now that I opened a can of worms (was Trade pots for Garb)

  • Mercy Neumark
    Oct 11, 2001
      OK...from what we've discussed thus far:

      Late period (near the turn of the century).

      >It depends entirely on who your clientele was. A potter who supplied
      >the
      >imperial court with tea ware was above a potter who made bowls for the
      >daimyo of Kaga, who was above the one who made bowls for rank-and-file
      >samurai homes in Echizen, who would be above the guy who made pots
      >and bowls
      >used by the poor folks in the capitals suburban tenements.

      >Personally, I'd find it
      >refreshing to
      >see a real craftsman doing a real craftsman non-samurai non-kuge
      >typical run
      >of the mill shomin type persona.

      Well...with this being said, can I have a craftsman that sold to the daimyo
      of Kaga (side note...Kaga? Like Chairman Kaga on Iron Chef? Sorry for the
      geek question, but I was curious.). What is happening in my life is that I
      am going to be the Kingdom of Caid's court potter in the next reign. So,
      I'd like to keep with the SCA in some regards...you know what I mean? I
      don't mind doing a craftsman in Japan. My italian persona is just a potter
      as well, so I'm thinking its easier for me to remember.

      So, if this works, can you tell me what I'd be wearing to work and what my
      "sunday best" would be? Suggestions on prefectures where I could have been
      born and work at? I'm thinking Kyoto, but maybe that's too typical.
      Suggestions? Oh, is the name ok (Tasukawa Raku) still?

      And thanks for all your help. :)

      By the way, on Iron Chef, there was a challenger that had was a chef at a
      small resturarnt...I don't remember the FIRST part of it, but there was that
      "rakurakutei" word play in there somehow. Now I see what you were talking
      about, Edward. Before I just nodded and smiled...whatever you say,
      Edward-dono. :)

      --Raku