6267[SCA-JML] Re: Ronin

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Oct 10 2:24 PM

      >Again, no. A samurai's term of service was not always a life tenure. If
      >one's master fell on hard times, he might simply not renew one's contract.

      Quite so. But, this would be a serious tragedy for the lord who has to
      discharge retainers. The term of contract was (according to my own
      "godlike" professor) one year and was renewed at New Year. Among other
      things, the lord was responsible for clothing his retainers and would
      present the retainer with cloth for that purpose.

      | techie.com, msn.com |
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic