5968Re: [SCA-JML] New to the list with a question

    Sep 26, 2001
      cameronslayden@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > does anybody have any suggestion for cold-weather garb worn with yoroi?
      > for example, what would a samurai wear on a long campaign to keep warm
      > in the field?

      I don't know if this has been answered, but in inclement weather a straw
      cape called a mino is worn to shed rain or snow. It's not particularly warm,
      though. You would have to layer or perhaps line garments. That's what they
      did; and they didn't relish fighting in winter, either. <G>