4634Re: [SCA-JML] Fw: Known World A & S - LAST CALL FOR INSTRUCTORS

  • Barbara Nostrand
    May 3, 2001
      Murakami Dono!

      Greeitngs from Solveig! I hope that the KWAS schedule is set up
      in such a way that I can attend your class.! I sent off two
      course proposals. One on food and food culture which is my current
      active research area. The other a general intrdocution to
      Japanese history, culture, &c.

      > Maybe we need a Knowne Worlde Japanese Symposium?

      I believe a Known World Asian Symposium would be of greater
      benefit at the moment. During the classical period, named
      individuals moved to Japan from as far West as Iran. Also,
      some T'ang dynasty art forms are supposed to be better
      preserved in Japan than in China. Consequently, I believe
      that there would be a lot of mutual benefit from an Asiatic
      Conference.

      | techie.com, msn.com |