4446

  • Amnon Kebotchnick
    Apr 23, 2001
      ----------
      From: Don Luby
      Reply To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 11:31 AM
      To: 'sca-jml@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [SCA-JML] Kabuki Masks

      On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Munson, Eric wrote:

      >>> With some study of popular festival dance, kyogen,
      popular music
      >>> and song of a given period, etc. you could
      extrapolate what a bushi
      >>> who was drunk off his butt would do to express
      himself the night
      >>> after a battle. Errr.. limited to dance a
      song,that is.

      >>> Maybe I could open a period karaoke bar at
      Pennsic...

      >> Don't you da... hm. Okay, could be interesting. <G>
      >
      > Well, Yamakaminari may have beaten me to it. I seem
      to recall
      > hearing about a party last year.

      Well, we've been having karaoke parties at Pennsic
      for years (I
      think this year will be ten), but they're not "normal
      karaoke" -
      they're modern songs (usually with a specific theme),
      which are
      supposed to be sung with a really bad Japanese accent.
      Participants
      are chosen (often against their will) from the crowd,
      and the
      "winners" are selected by some sort of crowd accolade.

      > My "big idea" is to have a gong show party. But I
      am too concerned
      > with approaching periodness at my parties to
      actually do it, I fear.

      Oh, we don't worry about that - preceding the
      karaoke is the
      "Japanese movie monster pinata".

      Dude, you guys out-gun my camp big time!

      Was wondering. I read that Yamakaminari is
      volunteering space for classes this year. Is that
      going to be the same space you use to hold karaoke? Do
      we get to play with the PA system? Or is it closer to
      where you store the giant pennis? (joke! joke!)

      Yaenbo

      >>> - mokurai (with "Feeling" now stuck in his head)
      >>
      >> That's "fiiringuzu" <G>
      >>
      > Uneducated as I am, I was unsure of how to
      romanji-ize it!

      > - mokurai
      >
      >> Effingham

      Koredono