41[SCA-JML] Re: tv show or movie????

    Oct 10, 1999
      BattleWear wrote:

      > The show just finished 10 min ago, and when it ended it showed what looked
      > like clips from the next show. It looks like a really good show, now I only
      > wish I could understand Japanese :) LOL! I am trying to set it on reminder
      > on my digital cable box ) but it hasnt shown up yet for the next show, but
      > I am going to check for the next fw days, I am going to look at taping it if
      > I can, seeing as you have seen this ( or may have ) the items and clothing
      > in the show, are they period? can they be used in a SCA fashion? it has
      > given me some ideas, but of course I am STILL looking for more on the
      > Japanese tents :)

      No, it's not period. The costume particularly is VERY markedly post
      period. The Genroku era began in 1688. You're better off using Shogun,
      Kagemusha, and Ran as your garb/gear inspirational source.

      As for tents; well, I've got some more material on akunoya since I wrote
      CA #65 (if you've read it you have a good basic coverage of the Japanese
      tent). What exactly would you like to know?