4001Re: [SCA-JML] Patterns?

    Apr 3, 2001
      Ash Smith wrote:

      > Well I haven't entirely decided, but I'm thinking I want to go with
      > Momoyama period.
      >
      > The piece I was refering to hangs from the shoulders like a shirt, but comes
      > down to the ankles in the back, and to the thighs in the front (that's what
      > the picture looks like anyway :) )

      There are only a few photos up so far, but look at:
      http://www.geocities.com/sengokudaimyo/garb/Garbphotos.html

      It sounds like you're talking about a kariginu, but if you're doing Momoyama,
      you'll probably never need one. In the Momoyama period, the kariginu was the
      most formal of formal wear for very high-ranking samurai.