3999Re: [SCA-JML] sword question for SCA events

  • Andrea Gideon
    Apr 3, 2001
      "J. Badgley" wrote:

      > On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, M & A wrote:
      >
      > > OK this may be a dumb question to many of you but at an event are real
      > > swords allowed to be carried while in period dress? I would like to
      > > carry my Katana and Wakizashi but I dont know if thats allowed.
      >
      > Up here, yes. I don't think there is a society rule against it. At the
      > same time, mine is only an iaitou--an unsharpened blade.

      In my area, live steel is not allowed, but this is generally a rule from the
      site, not an SCA rule. Most of our sites are churches, public schools and
      local/state parks, which don't allow liquor or weapons. Be careful before
      bringing any live steel to an event. On transgressor can get the whole group
      thrown off the site.
      Nadeshiko
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic