3741How old are paper bags?

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Mar 4, 2001
      Noble Cousins!

      I just thought that I would mention that paper bags appear in the food
      preservation section of Ryorimonogatari which puts them back to at
      least 1640. Before you quote me on that one, please let me check the
      original monjo to be sure. But, it looks like we do have paper bags
      available. Just think of the amusement potential. There you are in
      the feast hall and you whip out your paper bag made out of washi.

      | techie.com, msn.com |