37[SCA-JML] Re: tv show or movie????

  • BattleWear
    Oct 10, 1999
      The show just finished 10 min ago, and when it ended it showed what looked
      like clips from the next show. It looks like a really good show, now I only
      wish I could understand Japanese :) LOL! I am trying to set it on reminder
      on my digital cable box ) but it hasnt shown up yet for the next show, but
      I am going to check for the next fw days, I am going to look at taping it if
      I can, seeing as you have seen this ( or may have ) the items and clothing
      in the show, are they period? can they be used in a SCA fashion? it has
      given me some ideas, but of course I am STILL looking for more on the
      Japanese tents :)

      > On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Love Match International wrote:
      >
      > > This morning I happened to awake early and was searching for something
      > > watch on tv, and found this... it was on JAPANESE TV ( a channel
      here )..
      > > it is called " The Genroku ", I am not sure, but I have a feeling it is
      > > soap opera... it IS very interesting ( I am writing this as I sit and
      > > watch it )... it is all in Japanese with out subtitles.. and from the
      > > camera work and the length ( 1 hr ) I am guessing it is not a movie...
      > > has any one else seen this or know what show/movie I am talking about? I
      > > do not know what time period it is set, but it is medieval Japan, that
      is
      > > for sure..
      >
      > Sounds like a serialized version of the 47 Ronin, "Tales from the Genroku
      > Era". I forget how many episodes there are, but if it is the one that I'm
      > thinking of, it is an extrememly good version, and there are quite a
      number
      > of episodes. It's been quite a while since I've seen it - you should tape
      > it if you have the opportunity.
      >
      > Akimoya
      > Ealdormere
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic