3439Re: [SCA-JML] greetings!

  • Joshua Badgley
    Feb 4, 2001
      Hajimemashite! Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!*

      Welcome, I hope we can help you with your new persona. I know there is a
      wealth of knowledge out here for people to draw on. Good luck with
      everything!

      > So far, I've spent much of my SCA endeavors re-creating medieval musics
      > (especially Iberian--Jewish, Christian, and Muslim) and am eager to delve
      > into early Japanese music. I would like to acquire a biwa, but that of
      > course would mean that I would most likely be blind...Has anybody ever tried
      > a blind persona before? ;) And then it would be hard to write poetry...

      Why do you say that it would mean you were blind? Yes, there was at least
      one great composer who was blind, but I don't ever recall that it was a
      pre-requisite to play the biwa.

      -Ii Saburou

      *A greeting. Hard to translate literally. "Greetings! May our future
      relations be pleasant ones." is the general tone I've always heard.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic