28686Re: [SCA-JML] Shibori

  • Deb Strub
    Nov 16, 2013

      The best resource I can think of is this book:

      Shibori: The Inventive Art of Japanese Shaped Resist Dyeing

      By Yoshiko Iwamoto, Mary Kellogg Rice & Jane Barton

      ISBN 10: 9781568363967

      It has both history and techniques and is excellent.

      YIS,

      Murakami Tsuruko
      An Tir

      On 11/16/2013 8:32 PM, agnesvonh@... wrote:

      I am wondering if anyone has any good resources for period examples of shibori. I just got my mundane books on the subject in the mail and while I am uber excited and plan to use them to make some nifty silk scarf holiday gifts for my family I want to also find out exactly what styles/types were used in period. I know for sure that they were very fond of the little circle/square dots created by tying thousands upon thousands of strings. But what other examples are there?
      Thanks
      Agnes

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic