28670Re: [SCA-JML] Knighting Ceremonies

  • William Giltner
    Oct 28, 2013
      As someone who has been doing a Nipponese personae in the SCA since 1981 (Approx).. , with some areas of my knowledge still blank. I find my time in the Society, that we all support, to be most important to me after all.
       Might I suggest that if you have traveled this far on your journey of being Chivalrous with out that area of knowledge (Japanese equivalents of European Knighthood) having been that important.....  It isnt important here now.  As it is the traditions and ceremonies of Knighthood in Northshield that have been your day to day schooling and inspiration.

      Or Not.....  Just a thought.  Your mileage may vary

      regardless : CONGRATULATIONS!

      William S. Giltner
      Lrd Tatsuo Okami
      Iron River Armoury
      www.iron-river-armoury.com

      On Monday, October 28, 2013 12:18 PM, John Lyon <toramassa@...> wrote:

      I was just put on vigil for knighthood in Northshield. It suddenly and rather horrifically occurred to me that I have absolutely no idea about what period Japanese knighting ceremony might look like. If anyone has some advice, input, or resources to point me at I would appreciate it.

      --
      "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
      things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I

      John Lyon
      aka The Ugly Dragon
      aka Kita Jiru Toramassa

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic