28584Re: [SCA-JML] RE: Given name

  • Bolline
    Sep 12, 2013

      "longing to be like" you think a lot of your self Russ Register. I butcher a lot of languages and cultures and I can't say I have a longing. Did you bother to explain to the lady about the rice if she is not Japanese than that is not a tradition she follows.

      99.9 % German and I only speaks a word or two.

      Kendall

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 12, 2013, at 5:25 AM, <pleaserescuecooper@...> wrote:

      Funny you should say that, Russ Register, because I am of French heritage and it is very insulting and culturally insensitive to me when you write "faux pas" as "fopa". Pehaps you should take your own advice and consult with a French person before appropriating their phrases. Or just be a little more tolerant of people who are doing the best they can with the resources available to them in their attempt to HAVE FUN in this GAME we all love.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic