      From: russellregister@...
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Given name
      Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:13:08 +0000

      well I am part japanese and you should ask a japanese I hate hearing sca people buthcering names or not understand what names mean or the back ground or wrong mon for a last name og so bad
      or I was watching a lady point her chopstick stright up in her rice such a fopa
      ya thats for the dead
      huge insult
      i understand its a longing to be like but please ask a japanese person who follows the old ways and not insut or butchers this is not to harm but help but I have been in sca long time on and off and always haters who HATE CHANGE

      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      From: takedasakura@...
      Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 05:40:54 -0500
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Given name

      Thank you so much for the list of names, they got me started in the right direction. So, they are greatly appreciated! I have some more questions. How would one pronounce: The given names Suke / Sukeko, Tashi and the surname Asakura? I ran across historical figures with these names, but can't find Japanese pronunciations for them.

      Also, can anyone help me document the name Ryûzô (Ryuzo) for my husband. We used http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/names.html to find it, but it was returned saying "Sengokudaimyo is not sufficient documentation by itself as there are no dates to given to prove the given name was used during our time." Any help there would be fantastic.

      Thank you again for the help!
      _________
      Takeda Sakura
      Webminister: Crimson River