      From: JL Badgley <tatsushu@...>
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:36 AM
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Passing of one of the greats...

      At 7:30 AM this morning, Date Rokurou Yoshimitsu posted the following
      on Facebook:

      "I have some very bad news for everyone. On 28 June 2013, Date Date
      Saburou Yukiie lost his battle with PTSD and took his own life. He
      fought like a true Samurai every day, but in the end, PTSD won. He was
      my closest, best and dearest friend. He is already missed and the
      world will be a whole lot darker without him. :'( May Buddha bless him
      and allow him to return to us soon."

      Date was a friend, a warrior, and a poet. He served his country,
      protecting others, and I know that he touched many of our lives. His
      artwork, both within the SCA and without, was always an inspiration to
      me. He will be missed.

      Yoshimitsu-dono is already putting plans together to gather at Pennsic
      next year in his honor (this Pennsic being too close for most people
      to change their plans). More information will be forthcoming.

      -Ii Katsumori