28519Re: Modern Uchikake vs Period

  • LJonthebay
    Jun 29, 2013
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:
      > It is only the sleeves that really stand out to me, but I wouldn't say
      > anything about it unless asked. I can definitely understand wanting
      > to have more occasions to use it.

      That and the modern ones tend to have heavily padded hems to make them stand out properly as they trail behind you. That said, they are spectacularly beautiful and I'm kind of annoyed that the Yahoo Groups album doesn't have a zoom feature so I can get a better look at yours. Wear it someplace with clean floors if you can and enjoy.

      Saionji Shonagon