28480Re: [SCA-JML] Apron question

  • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
    Apr 2, 2013
      Hachi-i-dono;

      I am very sorry to really only address two of your questions, but my
      knowledge of women's garb is sketchy. My opinion would be that for
      dirty work they wore dirty-work clothing and then changed outfits.

      Sakura Takeda wrote:
      > Also, are there any instructions on the web anywhere on how to fold
      > up kosode sleeves for cooking/cleaning?

      You want to search for "tasuki" sleeve cord. It's basically just a
      long (~6 or 7 feet) cord or strip of fabric tied into a figure 8
      with your arms through the loops and the X in the middle of your back.
      It keeps your sleeves bunched up against your torso.

      > Lastly, I was checking out this page:
      > http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/address.html and I wanted to
      > make sure I have the ranking system stuff down before using it. I have
      > an AoA and I am apprenticed to a laurel. Do I use Shô hachi-i or a
      > different one on the list? and do you add it to the end of the name,
      > like Takeda Sakura Shô hachi-i? Also, how is that pronounced?

      "Shô hachi-i" is the name of the rank. Keep scrolling down to the
      other table. I believe you would sign things "Takeda Sakura hachi-i"
      or "Takeda-hachi-i". Others would address you as I have in the
      salutation, or as "Takeda-dono".

      If you are female (you've offered no clear indication, sorry) you
      can substitute "hime" for any instance of "dono" above.

      --
      THL Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
      (mka: Elliott C. Evans)