Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

28464RE: [SCA-JML] Jimbori or Armoured jacket

Expand Messages
  • robert_shroyer
    Feb 25, 2013
      Hello there,

      The spelling you're looking for is jinbaori. There are patterns out there and some of them were pretty elaborate.  Unfortunately,  the pattern I have is no longer in print. Sorry I haven't been able to help you more than that. 

      Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

      -------- Original message --------
      From: Charles <greek_nakos@...>
      Date: 02/25/2013 8:33 PM (GMT-05:00)
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Jimbori or Armoured jacket


      I'm working on project to create heraldic Surcoats/Tabards/Jupons for members of my group and looking to find a period correct version for each of the different members. I was pointed to the Jimbori as the closest for Japanese fighters. Is this the correct spelling? Are there resources out there that can better elaborate on patterns and construction methods? I've done some google and bing searches but I get redirected to Gymboree.

      Thanks for any leads,

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic