28434Re: Looking for Japanese SCA groups in northern Georgia

  • wildcrimsonsky
    Dec 29, 2012
      I lived in Yokosuka which is near the end of the Yokohama peninsula. It was 32 years ago so a slightly less modern Japan. My yet to be wife and friends would try to visit someplace different every weekend. It was a good time in my life and I have fond memories of it.

      So, slightly off topic, obi colors to avoid the SCA reserved colors.

      The historical reference often has them as white; however to avoid reserved colors Do you make them the color so the hakama and Kataginu?

      Thanks for all the advice, I've saved the links and will continue on with my research.

      Best Regards,

      Sven Larsson
      (Eyler Larson)

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "ErinK" <tupan4@...> wrote:

      > I don't know of any local groups, but if you make it out to Gulf Wars (a few hundred miles away from you near Hattiesburg MS), the Aethelmearc contingent traditionally includes several of us from Clan Yama Kaminari. We're easiest to find on the battlefield or just after opening ceremonies, but any of our countrymen will be able to put you in touch with us for a show & tell session!
      >
      > Also, Saionji-sensei has a good point that there are remarkable resources online (she's only responsible for about half of them... ;) that can help quite a bit in the absence of local experts. We have a great community.
      >
      > So where did you live in Japan and when? I've visited a few times but am always looking for more cool stuff to go see.
      >
      > ERIN / Elaine Fairchilde of Debatable Lands
      >
      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "wildcrimsonsky" <wildcrimsonsky@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've spent some time in the SCA and did the whole late period Scandinavian thing. But I lived for 3 years in Japan and really enjoyed the culture. I have an ancient Japanese dog breed. My wife and I were even married in Kimonos. I wish to explore period Japanese culture. Are there and Japanese SCA groups in northern Georgia?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic