28403Re: [SCA-JML] Re: japanese name structure

    Dec 13, 2012

      > Have you been here yet? http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/names.html has a good overview with some examples and a decent list of name elements for men's names.

      I found out recently that the College of Arms does not accept citations from sengokudaimyo as documentation. This may change, but that appears to be the current situation. Generally speaking, the College of Arms does not accept WEB pages as documentation. The exceptions are primarily name articles linked to from the College of Arms web page and Academy of St. Gabriel reports.

      > The definitive source used by the SCA College Heralds is "Name Construction In Medieval Japan." Runs approximately $40 from Potboiler Press. http://potboilerpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=25

      A regional herald near you may own a copy of NCMJ. Also the Library of Congress two university libraries in North Carolina and the Bavarian State Library have copies.