28266RE: [SCA-JML] Geta Images/References?

  • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
    Jun 1, 2012
      Gaius Octavius Lunaris wrote:
      > I took a quick peek at your project page, and it looks
      > like you only glued the support pieces in place, yes?
      > I.e. not tacked down with nails/screws/etc, just wood glue?

      That is correct, though I have started using a wood
      glue that is designed for outdoor use. Also, my most
      recent pair (the cedar ones) has the teeth glued into
      a slot in the underside of the sole plate. That provides
      some mechanical reinforcement.

      Regarding longevity of geta, I don't find *any* geta to
      be particularly ling-lived when used as intended.
      Don't spend a lot of time or money on them.

      --
      The Hon. Lord Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
      (m.k.a. Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans)