28169Re: trip to Japan

  • setsuko_iwashiro
    Feb 29, 2012
      If I could put in a pleading request... Go to The Costume Museum, and takes lots of photos. There are some detailed reproductions of kasane there- I've seen a few of them on Flickr- and they even did the linings! It would be great if there were a few more reference photos of those- especially of the sleeve edges at the wrist...

      I know I ought to feel guilty about asking that, and I sort of do... But it really is an incredible museum, and if you go there anyway...

      > Ii dono!
      > Greetings from Solveig!
      > > Costume museum is good. In general, though, Tokyo has better museums,
      > > in my opinion; in Kyoto you want to go see the temples, Gion, etc.
      > > Kiyomizudera (Seisuiji) is a must. As is Kinkakuji.
      > I like Ginkakuji better than Kinkakuji. I agree that Tokyo has great museums. If you want tea gardens in Tokyo, then go to the Goto museum. (I hope that I recall the name of the place correctly.)
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic