28161Re: [SCA-JML] trip to Japan

  • Carey Gorla
    Feb 29, 2012
      If you happen to see any period hakama I am still looking for examples and wouldn't mind pictures but I have no idea where those might be found.

      From: tsukime_medb <heidilyn999@...>
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:04 PM
      Subject: [SCA-JML] trip to Japan

      Hi All,

      I am soon to make a trip to Japan for a conference. I was hoping to get some good advice on must-see places of historical interest. My time is limited, but I hope to indulge in my love of research. I will have 1 free day in Tokyo and a few days in Kyoto. I am also going to Nara, but I think the deer and the temple will take up the day I have there.

      In Kyoto I plan to visit the costume museum and any art museums I can get to. My main artistic endeavors are gardening and bonsai, so I will be visiting nurseries and gardens as much as I can. Please let me know if you have other ideas!

      Also, if there are any pictures or bits of information I can get for anyone on the list, please let me know!