28067Re: Garment Construction Details

  • LJonthebay
    Dec 22, 2011
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Carey Gorla <agnesvonh@...> wrote:
      > In regards to linings, I can't think of the proper terms right now and my Google Fu is failing me, do you know if the linings are more often just a reverse of the garment sewn along the edges or if each lining piece was attached to each outer piece then all attached?

      EEP! That would complicate things. I know that for a kosode (for example), I cut and assemble a lining that mirrors the outer shell except for the collar (which folds over).

      Remember, the garment might be completely taken apart, basted back into its bolt form so it could be cleaned and stretched for drying, then the "bolt" unstitched and the cleaned garment put back together. Ditto any linings.

      Saionji no Hana