27777What color combo is this lady wearing

  • aoyama.narime
    Aug 12, 2011
      Couple of questions on the ensemble pictured in the link below (I couldn't get the Japanese translated to English):

      http://www.iz2.or.jp/fukushoku/f_disp.php?page_no=0000035

      1) Is what she is wearing umezome (plum dyeing--five white robes with maroon linings) topped off with a maroon uwagi?

      2) Is there some reason why her hitoe and hakama are both maroon? Is it due to rank or age (is she a younger person) ?

      I'm working on a shibori project inspired by this ensemble and just wanted to know more about it.

      Thanks,
      Aoyama Narime (Jenn Oaks)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic