27725Re: Looking to delve deeper on specifics: Saga area

  • hexslinger
    Jun 24, 2011
      Hahaha. Not at all, actually. I love getting the details right; it's not a worry for me in the slightest. (: It's fine to say that the Laurel Kingdoms are "off the map", but I feel they should still be a substantial distance away from Japan; that helps maintain the overall feeling of "I have traveled a long way and this culture is not my culture" for me.

      With regards the Mongols, one of my dear friends in the far-off Kingdom of the East is playing a Mongol. I certainly don't *need* an excuse to know her persona, especially way over here in Caid, but I rather like having one. (:

      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! I think that you may be worrying about your persona story overly much. The Laurel Kingdoms are not anywhere or anywhen in historical Europe. They are more akin to the Island in the Tempest or to Riverworld. You certainly don't need the Monguls to get to Europe. Japan was not a closed country throughout much of its history. Study is a perfectly adequate reason for at least Japanese monks to travel to China and points West. I am rather fond of the explanation given by one of the members of this forum that one day she stepped out of her ox cart and found herself in the Laurel Kingdoms.
      >
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic