27660Re: Making Sake At Home Links

  • Waffle
    Mar 29, 2011
      To be perfectly honest, I am in the process of making my first batches. However, I did a lot of research before deciding which method to use, and posted the links I did based on the expertise they showed and the comments from people that have used the method.

      The Taylor Made site is very detailed in the process, what can go wrong, the reasons why, and how to prevent or fix them. The owner of the site is also very good about answering questions and helping to solve problems.

      I posted the Tibbs-vision site mainly because it is a source for obtaining Kome spores. They have three different level recipes, and while they seem pretty good at explaining the process I got more from, and was more comfortable with, the Taylor Made site. I will probably try the Tibbs-vision recipes later when I feel more comfortable with what I am doing.

      I also make mead and have been told it is some pretty good stuff. I don't do competitions. I just want to produce something drinkable for me and my friends, and I am sure you already know you can make a lot of friends with mead. I am going to make a report here on how things turn out when it is done. I would prompt you to give it another try later, if you feel like it. As I am sure you already know, problems and dissapointments are going to occur. Don't give up, jump back on that brewing vessel and ride it until it produces the brew you are looking for.

      Waffle

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:

      > I tried.
      > Made some really bad vinegar.
      >
      > It seems that I cna win awards with my Mead but not my Saki.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic