27479Re: [SCA-JML] tents

  • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
    Nov 1, 2010

      > example). Also, I have been warned that a carport frame isn't
      > designed to hold up the much heavier canvas we use for tents and that
      > in wet and windy conditions you just begging for it to come down
      > around you.

      Actually, I guess it depends on what kind of carport you buy... any carport
      made to hold up to a decent amount of snow will be rigid enough to hold
      canvas. This might not be true of shelters made to protect boats and other
      vehicles from the sun and rain during the summer. For mine, I used the
      original plastic cover and added a broadcloth cover over that. It worked
      beautifully.