27388Re: [SCA-JML] Coronet Question

  • Elaine Koogler
    Sep 9, 2010
      That has pretty much been my interpretation so far as well...I had the
      same quandry when I was given an augmentation to my arms (mon) of two
      golden dragons. Mons were being registered at the time only in black
      and white. I submitted my device change with the golden dragons as
      awarded. Laurel wanted to know if I didn't want to change them to
      white/silver to go with the rest of my mon. I said that I didn't...I am
      a visitor in a European Court, a "barbarian round-eye" king who didn't
      know any better had given me this honor and it would be dishonorable of
      me to change his gift! Laurel agreed...with a grin!

      On 9/9/2010 10:15 AM, John Lyon wrote:
      > I also have been toying with the idea of having a 14th Century English
      > styled coronet. My thinking here being, that the Royalty who handed out the
      > award are 14th century, and if as a Japanese persona I am assumed to be a
      > visitor in a european court, then the title and symbols of that title would
      > match the locals, and not to my own time and period necessarily.
      > On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Jeanel Walker<brytephyre@...> wrote:
      >> "At one point, we had an idea of making combs for me to wear in my
      >> hair that had six pearls, three on each one. I figured that it might be
      >> a little more compatible with my garb."
      >> wow thats a lovely idea...if you do please post a pic I would love to see
      >> it.
      >> May the joy of your past be the worst of your tomorrows!!!
      >> Jeanel Walker aka Eilionora "Takaatsu" of Kisimull
      >> http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/brytephyre/Takinagadevisesm.jpg
      >> http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/brytephyre/Eilionoriadevicesm.jpg

      "/It is only with the heart /that one can see clearly; what is essential
      is invisible to the eye."
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, /The Little Prince/