27370Re: Japanese Games Event Digest Number 3236

  • LJonthebay
    Sep 2, 2010
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Grasse, Martina" <grasse@...> wrote:
      > The Barony of Caerthe in the Outlands had an amazing Japanese themed 12th night (the BIG winter court event) a few years back. Saionji -dono was able to join us and I think we did a respectable show of it.

      It was more than respectable. Even the namban got out their vintage kimono and got into the spirit: I kept being cornered by folks asking "Is this on right?" and tweaking the occasional obi or having them re-wrap left over right. I remember the feast being very good, and the event organizers invited Denver Taiko to perform.

      Good times and well worth traveling for. I will never forget the hospitality of the Outlands.

      Saionji no Hanae
      Resident of the West Kingdom, citizen of the Known World.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic