27239Re: [SCA-JML] Deadliest Warrior: Ninja Vs Spartan

  • David & Margaret George
    Jul 26, 2010
      Ahh,

      Judging a book by its cover.

      The author has spent his life studying ninjutsu, and has a Ph.D. in Japanese history and Culture from INALCO and his thesis was : Ninjutsu: Its Form, History, and Essence.

      I'm not trying to belabor a point, I was just offering it up as some historical information for those who might have further interest in the subject.

      I currently study ninjutsu, and have made a pilgrimage to Noda city to study with Soke Hatsumi. I have only studied it for a couple of years, but it was what sparked my further interest in Japanese clothing, armour, and culture.

      My background in the S.C.A. over the years has been mostly 14th century english, so I am new to this subject.

      Having read the book, and coming from the background of a practitioner I would have to say that his book has been very helpful.

      Dafydd

      On Jul 26, 2010, at 8:53 PM, Solveig Throndardottir wrote:

      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! I am a bit suspicious of a book where the
      > title includes the phrase "secret history".
      >
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar

      David A. George