26857Re: [SCA-JML] (unknown)

  • JL Badgley
    Mar 3, 2010
      On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 6:29 AM, coyote Silverpaw
      <ancientone@...> wrote:
      >>>If you think it would be helpful, I can take some detail photos of the inside and outside of my hats and post them
      >
      > That would be immensely helpful!
      > As photos online are very limited...
      >
      > Any ideas where to pick up straw???
      > I am thinking a local farmers market... but hay is not the same as straw
      > Other idea is to get straw brooms from local asian supermarket??

      You do not want straw brooms. "Rice straw" is very different and
      closer to raffia than to "straw". Raffia is easy to get at most craft
      stores.

      I've tried to find rice-farming groups who are trying to find ways to
      get rid of their wasted product (the rice straw), but so far no luck
      as I've been on the east coast, in the past, not the west. If you are
      anywhere in the west coast area, see if you can't contact some rice
      farms and find out what they do with the leftover straw. You may be
      able to harvest it, if you live in the area.