26718Re: [SCA-JML] Dye techniques (was: Re: My latest faux surihaku project can be seen here )

  • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
    Jan 12 9:26 AM
      > I've heard you shouldn't use a washing machine for dying if you want to use it for cleaning later.  But I have no personal experience on this front.

      Not a problem. Most dye manufacturers will recommend running a wash
      cycle with bleach before washing again with your machine, and,
      personnally, I make a point of running a load of black after each dye
      job before washing lighter colours. I've heard that dyes can stain the
      plastic parts of some machines; it's not been a problem with mine.

      > I'm also not sure it's safe to use the pot for food later.

      No, it's not.

      > I'll have to play with dye the next time I have some around and see what I can accomplish.  There's a sort of "misty cloud" effect that seems to come around before the Edo period that I've always liked....

      Please share :-)

      Audrey
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic