26671Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Need japanese armor for scene in short film

  • JL Badgley
    Dec 9 8:32 PM
      On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM, wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Captain Zorikh" <zorikh@...> wrote:
      >> Now, is there anyone who can help me get some Japanese-looking armor for the scene?
      > The reality is that the number of people portraying Japanese in the SCA world-wide is relatively small and most of us are not local to you.
      > There are currently about 900 people listed as members of this list, but not all of them are active. There's a lot of overlap onto the Tousando forum, as you may have noticed. Not all of us are fighters, so that reduces the pool as well.
      > If you have not tried contacting the local SCA groups in the East Kingdom directly, that's probably your next step.

      I would specifically recommend hitting up folks in Yamakaminari, as I
      believe they are one of the largest groups up your way. How far are
      you willing to travel to pick up and drop off any armor that someone
      might be willing to lend?

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic