      De: JL Badgley <tatsushu@...>
      Asunto: Re: [SCA-JML] Elbow-long kote?
      Para: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Fecha: lunes, 2 de noviembre, 2009 01:40

      On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM, yuber_i <yuber_i@yahoo. es> wrote:

      > Hello again! While looking for instructions about how to make a pair of kote i ran over a few pictures depicting kote which covered only the hand and forearm. I had seen something similar on tv shows, with samurai in everyday wear with only these small protections on. So my question is, are this fency 2oth-century inventions, or did they really exist? and, if so, has anyone got the patterns for them?

      Do you have pictures?

      I think you are talking about the sleeve-coverings- -like tubes that go
      over the ends of sleeves. Those seem to be popular with people who
      travel or do manual labor, probably to keep their garments from
      getting too dirty. I'm trying to think if I've seen those armored, or
      not. Or do you mean a full sleeve that only has armor over the hand
      and forearm?