26107Re: [SCA-JML] New to group

  • Albrecht Waldfurster
    Aug 10, 2009
      Good milady,

      I am not an expert on Japanese names or culture, nor do I play one on
      the tourney field. But I am a long-time herald and I did notice one
      issue with your request that you will need to address.

      The time period of the SCA is pre-17th century, that is, prior to 1600.
      Names to be registered with the College of Arms must be consistent with
      naming practices for the specified culture (or cultures), prior to
      _1600_. In the case of Japanese names, that would mean, basically,
      before the Edo (or Tokugawa) period, which began in 1603.

      I wish you best success in your search for a name,

      Woodwose

      --
      Freiherr Albrecht Waldfurster
      Meister des Pelikan-Ordens