25937Re: Known World Handbook project update

    Jun 30, 2009
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, the.lady.phoenix@... wrote:

      > What does everyone think? Does this sound like a worth while project for
      > us, ie SCA in general? or is it a bad idea?

      The KWH is about being "universal." It's the first step for the newcomer, not the journey. It says so in the announcement. Narrow focus is not the point of the KWH.

      One of the things I did when I started publishing my SCA-related material on the web was put together a page of resources for Japanese personae. (Reminds me, I need to give it a once over for dead links and see what else can be added at some point). Last fall I also went through the SCA-JML "Links" section and gave it a thorough housecleaning and added more resources that I had found in my journeys. (HINT: Anyone can contribute to the "Links" and "Files" sections. Go check what you have bookmarked on your computer and if you have something useful to share, put it in there!)

      The reality is that only a small percentage of KWH users will have any interest in pursuing a Japanese persona. If I were the editor, it would make more sense to me to use a very general article on where to look if someone wants a non-Western persona, with things like links to this group, SCA-China, and so forth.

      Two sen worth,