25373Re: [SCA-JML] Miso Soup
- Apr 16, 2009Not necessarily what was previously posted but, from "Best-Ever Recipes: Japanese and Sushi" by Emi Kazuko and Yasuko Fukuoka, Hermes House, London ISBN-13: 978-1-84681-207-1, ISBN-10: 1-84681-207-0,
here is a recipe that I have used:
5g / 1/8 oz dried wakame.
1/2 x 225-285g / 8-10 1/4 oz packet fresh soft tofu or long-life silken tofu.
400ml / 14 fl oz / 1 2/3 cups second dashi stock, or the same amount of water and 5 ml / 1 tsp dashi-no-moto.
45 ml / 3 tbsp miso.
2 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped shichimi togarashi, or sansho (optional), to serve.
1. Soak the wakame in a large bowl of cold water for 15 minutes.
2. Drain the wakame and chop into stamp-size pieces if using the long or broad type.
3. Cut the tofu into 1cm / 1/2 in strips, then cut horizontally through the strips. Cut the strips into squares.
4. Bring the dashi stock to the boil in a medium saucepan.
5. Put the miso in a cup and mix with 60ml / 4 tbsp hot stock. Reduce the heat and pour two-thirds of the miso into the pan of stock.
6. Taste the soup and add more miso if required. Add the wakame and tofu and increase the heat. Just befor the soup comes to the boil again, add the spring onions and remove from the heat. Do not boil. Serve sprinkled with shichimi togarashi or sansho, if liked.
Hope this helps.
Maredudd ap Gwylim
--- On Wed, 15/4/09, Leonora Radovcic <Lightpaws@...> wrote:
From: Leonora Radovcic <Lightpaws@...>
Subject: [SCA-JML] Miso Soup
Date: Wednesday, 15 April, 2009, 7:49 PM
Greetings. I've been a long time lurker on this list. Always reading, posting sometimes. I wish to ask for the receipe for Miso soup. I'd like to try and make one on my own. There was a receipe posted not too long ago. But, searching through the Archives would take forever, especially since I can't remember who had posted it. :)
Would someone be kind enough to post it again? Thanks. =)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>